At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage,
teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and
trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and
courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Cohen & Company offers a full range of
accounting, tax and consulting services to clients based throughout
the United States. The firm serves dynamic, privately held companies
and their owners; and the investment industry, including public and
private funds. Recognized as one of the top accounting firms in the
country, Cohen & Company is rooted in technical excellence and is
driven every day to listen, engage and deliver sustainable value. The
firm was founded in 1977 and has more than 600 associates throughout
Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and
Wisconsin. What makes us different is our culture built on energy,
discipline, results and — most importantly — personal commitment to
our clients. Learn more at cohencpa.com. Member PCAOB.
Our Administrative Services team is seeking a talented individual to
help support the firm’s staff of employees at a full-time capacity as
a Tax Department Administrative Assistant. This
position will reside in our Akron, Ohio office and
will report to the Tax Administrative Manager.
Our tax department continues to evolve and utilize paperless
solutions and enhanced technology to file tax returns. We’re seeking
an individual that will evolve and adapt to continually improving
processes and procedures. We’re seeking a hard working individual to
join our team in June 2021!
- Electronically filing tax returns
- Scanning a variety of documents
- Updating databases for changes of address, etc.
- Typing letters, as well as 1099s, W-2s, and other documents
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of tax return extensions
- Managing and retrieving information from client portals
- Handling direct contact with clients regarding tax return filings
and documents needed to prepare returns
- Assisting with database management on a variety of platforms,
- Assisting tax department leaders with staff scheduling.
- Handling a variety of one-off and recurring requests which may not
be listed here