At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage,
teach, inspire, and improve lives through the power of knowledge and
trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and
courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Named one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the country,
Cohen & Company offers assurance, tax, and advisory services to
clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide. The firm serves a broad
range of clients, from privately held companies and their owners; to
public and private funds, advisors and fund service providers within
the investment industry; to Fortune 1000 multinational enterprises.
Cohen & Company was founded in 1977; has more than 650 associates
in Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, and
Wisconsin; and has an international presence in the Cayman Islands and
Ireland. Learn more at cohencpa.com.
We are excited for the future and our continued
growth! Our Technology Services team is
again seeking talented individuals in the role of
Cloud Engineer. This position will reside in our
Ohio locations: Cleveland or Akron. There will be
some travel to other office locations or for training (< 5%).
The Cloud Engineer who will be a member of the infrastructure team
responsible for performing all technical duties associated with
managing and delivering Cloud services. This includes fundamental
solution design, project planning, and implementation of Azure
architectures in line with the Microsoft Well-Architected Framework.
The Cloud Engineer also coordinates with other key areas of Technology
Services as well as other team members across the firm to ensure a
successful migration to the cloud.
- Design and implement migration of on-premise workloads to Azure
following Azure Well-Architected Framework.
- Lead design and discovery sessions to ensure workloads are
migrated effectively and support business requirements
- Develop best practices, processes, operating procedures, and
training to ensure team members have the tools and knowledge to
support cloud production environments
- Incorporation of disaster recovery, development, test, staging,
and production environments into implementations and migration plans
- Work closely with security team to ensure proper environment
separation and security
- Develop processes for maintenance and monitoring of Azure
workloads covering items including utilization, cost, and performance.
- Ensure that design and architecture documentation is current and
- Ability to quickly identify, troubleshoot, and correct problems
- Communicate with teams across Technology Services relating to
cross functional dependencies and their needs/impacts
- Provide guidance to "what if" scenarios when new
projects are discussed to understand impacts, timing, and cost adjustments
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills and proven
ability to work with individuals at all levels of the firm
- Able to work independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Security-first mindset in development of any environment or process
- Actively participate in team activities and knowledge sharing,
including scrum ceremonies
- Actively participate in definition and refinement of team
processes and activities
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all members
- Collaborate with other Technology Services team members and key
business stakeholders to achieve business objectives