At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage,
teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and
trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and
courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Named one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the country,
Cohen & Company offers assurance, tax and advisory services to
clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide. The firm serves a broad
range of clients, from privately held companies and their owners; to
public and private funds, advisors and fund service providers within
the investment industry; to Fortune 1000 multinational enterprises.
Cohen & Company was founded in 1977; has more than 650 associates
in Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania and
Wisconsin; and has an international presence in the Cayman Islands and
Ireland. Learn more at cohencpa.com.
We are excited for the future and our continued
growth! Our Technology Services team is seeking a talented
individual for the role of Quality Assurance Analyst.
This position will reside in our Ohio locations: Cleveland or
Akron. There will be some travel to other office locations or
for training (< 10%).
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be a member of the Technology
Services team building tools to support the firm and our clients.
Using an agile framework, the ideal candidate will work closely with
teammates within Technology Services as well as other team members
from across the Firm to refine existing products and bring new
products and services to market. The Quality Assurance Analyst will
support the planning, design, and execution of system testing of
software and system implementations ranging in complexity from simple
to complex. The Quality Assurance Analyst will work collaboratively
with the development team and business stakeholders to define, create,
and execute manual and automated test plans and scripts based on
system requirements, identifying and documenting defects when
performing test execution. This individual will participate in agile
project ceremonies and will apply proven analytical and
problem-solving skills to help ensure maximum ROI is achieved from our
- Design, development, documentation, implementation, and
maintenance of test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test or
defect reports on multiple systems of varying size.
- Perform quality tests on new and existing software and solutions;
creating, maintaining and executing test plans in accordance with QA
standards and procedures. Conducting tests of all types including:
integration, environmental, functional, usability, security,
performance, load, stress, regression and acceptance, for both
internal and external applications.
- Identify, curate, and create test data to support execution of
test scripts and cases that exercise business cases.
- Review user and business requirements to ensure that requirements
- Document and report system defects to the product team.
- Identify and communicate business risks relative to testing and
implementation for evaluation by product teams and management.
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on
- Analyze and summarize defects recorded and reported in
post-implementation reviews to aid in continuous improvement efforts.
- Convey test progress, test results, and other relevant information
to management and product team.
- Create and maintain automated tests.
- Actively participate in team activities and knowledge sharing,
including agile ceremonies like daily stand ups, retrospectives, and
- Collaborate with the other Quality Assurance Analysts on
processes, documentation, and best practices to continuously improve delivery.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge on Quality Assurance
practices and Agile delivery.
- Actively participate in definition and refinement of broader
Technology Services and Cohen & Company processes and activities.