Cohen & Company
Certified Public Accountants
Cohen & Company offers a full range of accounting, tax and consulting services to clients based throughout the United States. The firm serves dynamic, privately held companies and their owners; and the investment industry, including public and private funds. Recognized as one of the top accounting firms in the country, Cohen & Company is rooted in technical excellence and is driven every day to listen, engage, and deliver sustainable value. The firm was founded in 1977 and has more than 600 associates throughout Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. What makes us different is our culture built on energy, discipline, results and - most importantly - personal commitment to our clients.
Many firm wide initiatives are often developed and executed by our Corporate Shared Services Department which includes Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Information Technology, and Support Services. Our team is seeking a talented and technology savvy individual to support our internal finance and accounting initiatives in the role of Senior Financial Analyst. This position will reside in our Cleveland or Akron Office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reporting and Analysis: create reports, monitor reports, follow up and clear exceptions
- Data Integrity: ensure data is accurate - primarily related to client status, job status, client roles, job roles
- Report Compilation: monthly, annual, and ad hoc reports for department and other stakeholders; understand available reports, data sets etc. to provide correct results
- Training: Creation and maintenance on Training Materials related primarily to STAR, CRM, Power BI, pivot tables, data integrity, revenue cycle and client lifecycle; train employees on process
- Implementation: Assist with implementation of new processes and process automation; recommend improvements in process and automation
- System Report Review: troubleshoot, error identification, creation of additional reports
- Billing: Assist billing specialists and client lifecycle - training, data integrity, user questions etc.; supervise multiple mailboxes to assure timely, accurate responses to requests; focused on billing, collecting, client lifecycle; track volume, types of requests, accuracy in response and turn-around time to identify areas to improve and recommendation for different processes for requests
- Revenue Budgeting: Assist with revenue budgeting and analysis of variances to actual results; analyzing metrics - hours to budget, profitability, write offs, etc.
- Accounts Receivable: AR monitoring and reporting
- Special Projects: Assist in managing projects; compile initial data, send requests, track responses, summarize results
- Skills: Communication, organization, problem solving, process documentation