Cohen & Company
Certified Public Accountants
Cohen & Company offers a full range of accounting, tax and consulting services to clients based throughout the United States. The firm serves dynamic, privately held companies and their owners; and the investment industry, including public and private funds. Recognized as one of the top accounting firms in the country, Cohen & Company is rooted in technical excellence and is driven every day to listen, engage, and deliver sustainable value. The firm was founded in 1977 and has more than 600 associates throughout Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. What makes us different is our culture built on energy, discipline, results and - most importantly - personal commitment to our clients.
Many firm wide initiatives are often developed and executed by our Corporate Shared Services Department which includes Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Information Technology, and Support Services. Our team is seeking a talented individual to support our internal finance and accounting initiatives in the role of Accounting Manager. This position will report to the Corporate Controller. This position will reside in our Cleveland Office.
- General accounting and bookkeeping for separate lines of business
- Compile and analyze financial information, including preparing financial statements
- Track metrics for business units
- Communicate analysis and financial results to stakeholders
- Data mine and create ad-hoc reports for line of business leaders
- Oversee payroll review
- Budget preparation, oversight, and management including variance analysis
- Review and analyze data from various line items (overhead, employee expenses, etc.)
- Compile data to complete required surveys
- Oversee accountant in charge of accounts payable and accounts receivable processing