Cohen & Company offers a full range of accounting, tax and consulting services to clients based throughout the United States. The firm serves dynamic, privately held companies and their owners as well as the investment industry, including public and private funds. Recognized as one of the top accounting firms in the country, Cohen & Company is rooted in technical excellence and is driven every day to listen, engage and deliver sustainable value. The firm was founded in 1977 and has more than 600 associates throughout Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. What makes us different is our culture built on energy, discipline, results and — most importantly — personal commitment to our clients.
We are excited for the future and our continued growth! Our Information Technology team is seeking a talented individual in the role of Business Analyst. This position will reside in our Cleveland, Ohio office with some travel to other office locations (less than 10%).
The Business Analyst will be a member of the Information Technology team working in a team oriented environment supporting each of the firm’s business lines. The Business Analyst will work with key business stakeholders analyzing, eliciting, validating, and documenting business requirements, processes, and policies. The Business Analyst will serve as the bridge between business stakeholders and the technology team communicating requested changes to processes, policies, and information systems. In addition, the Business Analyst will be involved in creation of related training materials.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to gather information relating to business processes and needed improvements
- Provide basic technology and business best practice guidance related to initiatives
- Create consistent documentation appropriate for all key stakeholders (business and technical)
- Resolve questions or issues relating to initiatives in order to present carefully reviewed requirements to key stakeholders for approval and implementation
- Create and provide training to end-users as appropriate
- Develop and work with QA to maintain testing plans
- Assist in creation of policy and procedural documentation
- Work to maintain and improve the firm’s business work flow and data flow processes and documentation
- Facilitation and project management assistance for in-progress initiatives