Cohen & Company
Certified Public Accountants
At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage,
teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and
trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and
courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Fueled by our purpose and principles, Cohen & Company offers
comprehensive accounting, tax and consulting services to clients
throughout the U.S. and worldwide. We serve a broad range of clients,
from dynamic, privately held companies and their owners; to larger
Fortune 1000 multinational and institutional enterprises; to
high-net-worth individuals, trusts and foundations. We also have deep
expertise in the investment industry serving public and private funds,
investment advisors and fund service providers. Recognized as the 5th
fastest growing accounting firm in the country, Cohen & Company is
rooted in technical excellence and is driven every day to listen,
engage and deliver sustainable value since our founding in 1977.
Today, the firm has more than 650 associates throughout Illinois,
Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Member PCAOB.
We are excited for the future and our continued
growth! Our Finance team is seeking a talented individual to
join as a Billing Specialist. This position will
ideally reside in our Akron, OH office.
- Billing: creating and reviewing invoices, sending invoices,
following up on replies from clients related to invoices, WIP write
off requests, WIP transfers. Proactively working with professional
staff billers for timely and accurate invoicing.
- Accounts receivable: working with client partners on outstanding
AR including sending past due invoices or statements and following
up directly with clients on outstanding balances. Notifying clients
of past due accounts and payment deadlines.
- Data maintenance: address change requests, role change requests,
client status management, etc.
- Contract management: reviewing engagement letters and contracts
for proper invoicing and contract setup.
- Answering high volume of questions and training users on billing
and other client lifecycle processes. Providing exceptional customer
service to internal and external clients.
- Will work with multiple systems including Star, Salesforce, XCM,
Sheets/CohenWorks, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Responsible for deadlines, managing outstanding tasks, and proper prioritization
- Handling requests sent to several email boxes