At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage,
teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and
trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and
courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Fueled by our purpose and principles, Cohen & Company offers
comprehensive accounting, tax and consulting services to clients
throughout the U.S. and worldwide. We serve a broad range of clients,
from dynamic, privately held companies and their owners; to larger
Fortune 1000 multinational and institutional enterprises; to
high-net-worth individuals, trusts and foundations. We also have deep
expertise in the investment industry serving public and private funds,
investment advisors and fund service providers. Recognized as the 5th
fastest growing accounting firm in the country, Cohen & Company is
rooted in technical excellence and is driven every day to listen,
engage and deliver sustainable value since our founding in 1977.
Today, the firm has more than 650 associates throughout Illinois,
Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Member PCAOB.
We are excited for the future and our continued
growth! Our Data Intelligence Services (DIS) team is seeking
talented individuals in the role of Data Specialist.
This position will reside in our Cleveland, Ohio or Chicago,
Illinois office with some travel to other office locations
(less than 10%).
The Data Specialist will be a member of the DIS team supporting each
of the firm’s service lines and verticals. The DIS team, an integral
part of our Technology Services organization, works closely with key
internal and external stakeholders in analyzing, enhancing, and
automating data workflows/processes.
- Execute on-going data automation workflows (example - audit
- Develop, test, and deploy automation workflow processes within Alteryx
- Collaborate with other DIS and Technology Services team members
and key business stakeholders to achieve business objectives
- Ongoing understanding of evolving data related technologies and
processes/methodologies being leveraged in and outside of the firm
- Working with both internal and external clients
- Assist in creation of policy and procedural documentation
- Developing data visualizations, dashboards and reports to present
data in an actionable format
- Create consistent documentation appropriate for all key
stakeholders (business and technical)
- Create and provide training to end-users as appropriate
- Estimate, track and communicate status of assigned items to a
diverse group of stakeholders